In prepping for camping this weekend, the job I volunteered for was meal planning and prep! I was obviously excited to do this. Food for camping must be compact, with little refrigeration needed. Stay tuned for the full menu early. In the meantime, take a look and try the recipe for these compact, semi-raw, quinoa protein balls. The perfect camping snack! I just hope bears don’t like quinoa!
Quinoa Protein Balls
Makes 20 Golf-sized Balls
16 pitted Dates
3/4 cup Nut Butter (I used peanut butter for these)
1 Scoop MCT Lean Vegan Protein Blend Vanilla or Chocolate
1 cup cooked Quinoa
1 tablespoon Flaxseeds
1 tablespoon Chia Seeds
1 teaspoon Maca Powder
1/4 cup Chopped Walnuts
1 tablespoon Hemp Seed Hearts
- Add dated to food processor. Pulse until chopped.
- Add nut butter. Pulse until combined.
- Add cooked quinoa. Pulse.
- Add remainder of ingredients. Pulse until combined.
- Roll into balls.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours minimum. The longer the better.