Like many others, I often troll Pinterest for new recipes. In that search, I often stumble upon a delicious looking picture with no link to a recipe. ANNOYING RIGHT?! I saw a similar taco bowl, clicked it, no real recipe link. WHY?! I decided, these cannot be too hard to improvise, something I would have to do anyway since the originals appeared to have beef, and went for it. ( Below is the serving size for us PhillyVegans. As a side note, Vinny eats way more than me, I ate 5 while he ate 11, so the serving size may vary.)
Mini Taco Bowls
Serves 2; 16 mini bowls
4 Whole Wheat Tortilla Shells cut
16 ounce Refried Beans (I used Trader Joe’s Refried Beans – Fat-free Traditional Style)
1/2 package Beyond Meat Lightly Seasoned Strips shredded
2 slices Daiya Cheddar Slice cut into 1 inch strips
Toffuti Better than Sour Cream
Spinach or Lettuce chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut tortilla shells into small 3-inch circles. I used the top of a mason jar and knife for reference. A cup can also be used.
- In small sauce pan cook Beyond Meat chicken strips.
- Place tortilla circles in cupcake pans.
- Add about a tablespoon of refried beans (no need to heat up) and a bit of shredded chicken. (Use personal preference)
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Add Daiya cheese.
- Bake for 5 additional minutes or until cheese melts.
- Add toppings